The online language learning market size is estimated to increase by USD 36,400.33 million, accelerating at a CAGR of 20% during the forecast. The cost benefits and flexibility of online language learning are notably driving the market growth, although the threat from open sources may impede the market growth.
Discover market potential and make informed business decisions based on qualitative and quantitative evidence highlighted in Technavio reports- Request a sample report
Online Language Learning Market – Market dynamics
Leading drivers – The cost benefits and flexibility of online language learning are notably driving the online language learning market growth. Online language learning programs cost less than offline programs. online language learning apps and software are becoming easily accessible with the rapid digital penetration worldwide. The low cost of online language learning combined with its benefits will boost the growth of the online language learning market during the forecast period.
Key trends – The use of Artificial Intelligence in language learning is a key trend influencing the online language learning market growth. The introduction of AI in language learning has been found to reduce the time it takes to master a language compared to traditional language learning methods. AI can reduce the time, money, and effort required to complete an online or app-based course and fully personalize each student’s digital language learning.
Major challenges – The threat from open sources is challenging the online language learning market growth. Massive open online courses (MOOCs) are easily available in open source. The growth of MOOCs is having a major negative impact on the global online language-learning market. Therefore, increasing collaboration between MOOC providers and educational institutions will hamper the growth of the online language learning market during the forecast period.
In addition to the forecast, the report also highlights the key opportunities by analyzing drivers, trends, and challenges for the market!
Online Language Learning Market – Customer landscape
To help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies, the report outlines –
- Key purchase criteria
- Adoption rates
- Adoption lifecycle
- Drivers of price sensitivity
Online Language Learning Market – Vendor Analysis
Some of the major online language learning market vendors are:
- Babbel GmbH
- Cengage Learning Holdings II Inc.
- Chegg Inc.
- Duolingo Inc.
- Educational Testing Service
- EF Education First Ltd.
- Enux Education Ltd.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co.
- inlingua International Ltd.
- iTutorGroup Inc.
- IXL Learning Inc.
- Linguarama International Ltd.
- McGraw Hill LLC
- New Oriental Education and Technology Group Inc.
- Oxford University Press
- Pearson Plc
- Sanako Oy
- Think and Learn Pvt. Ltd.
- Voxy Inc.
The online language learning market is fragmented, with the presence of several global as well as regional vendors. The degree of fragmentation will accelerate during the forecast period.
Vendor offerings –
- berlitz.com- The company offers online language learning such as Spanish for kids, French for kids.
- cengagegroup.com- The company offers online language learning such as Introductory Spanish, Introductory French, Introductory German.
- chegg.com- The company offers online language learning solutions such as Busuu App of English.
- duolingo.com- The company offers online language learning of Norwegian, Irish, Indonesian.
- ets.org- The company offers online language learning such as English Discoveries.
- For Details on the vendor and its offerings – Buy the report!
Online Language Learning Market – Segmentation Assessment
The online language learning market is segmented as below:
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of Europe
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
For insights on global, regional, and country-level parameters with growth opportunities from 2017 to 2027 Download a Sample Report
What are the key data covered in this Online Language Learning Market report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period
- Detailed information about factors that will drive the growth of the online language learning market between 2023 and 2027
- Precise estimation of the size of the online language learning market and its contribution to the market with a focus on the parent market
- Accurate predictions about upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- Growth of the online language learning market across APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and the Middle East and Africa
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information about vendors
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that will challenge the growth of the online language learning market vendors
Register for a free trial today and gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports.
Corporate M-Learning Market- The corporate M-learning market size is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 18.35% between 2022 and 2027 and the size of the market is forecast to increase by USD 35.04 billion.
Cognitive Assessment and Training Market- The cognitive assessment and training market size is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 30.18% between 2022 and 2027. The cognitive assessment and training market size is forecast to increase by USD 13,732.94 million.
|Online Language Learning Market Scope|
|Growth momentum & CAGR||Accelerate at a CAGR of 20%|
|Market growth 2023-2027||USD 36400.33 million|
|YoY growth 2022-2023(%)||18.93|
|Regional analysis||APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and Middle East and Africa|
|Performing market contribution||APAC at 43%|
|Key countries||US, China, India, UK, and Spain|
|Competitive landscape||Leading Vendors, Market Positioning of Vendors, Competitive Strategies, and Industry Risks|
|Key companies profiled||Babbel GmbH, Berlitz Corp., Cengage Learning Holdings II Inc., Chegg Inc., Duolingo Inc., Educational Testing Service, EF Education First Ltd., Enux Education Ltd., Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co., inlingua International Ltd., iTutorGroup Inc., IXL Learning Inc., Linguarama International Ltd., McGraw Hill LLC, New Oriental Education and Technology Group Inc., Oxford University Press, Pearson Plc, Sanako Oy, Think and Learn Pvt. Ltd., and Voxy Inc.|
|Market dynamics||Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period|
|Customization purview||If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.|
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focus on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.