DUBLIN, Aug. 4, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The “Gateways Become Rising Force in U.S. Payments Industry: A Market Overview” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This research report provides analysis and insight on the current state of the U.S. payments gateway market, supported by e-commerce sales data forecast.
Highlights of this research report include:
- How gateways have become an essential payments vendor category
- Market data forecast for retail and travel e-commerce
- Gateways that compete in the U.S. market
- Contrasting paths of 2020 e-commerce sales categories due to COVID-19
- Assessment framework for merchants considering gateway payment solutions
Payment gateways are the fastest growing part of the payments industry’s value chain and have become disruptive forces that in some instances supplant legacy payments players such as merchant acquirers and processors. Payment gateways are a high growth and an intensely competitive category within the U.S. payments industry, offering both core and added-value services aimed at both consumer and B2B online merchants.
E-commerce has been the driving force in the rise of payment gateways. These firms are lean and nimble, with the DNA of fintechs. Gateways serve online merchants, enabling them to accept card payments across borders and in multiple currencies for both consumers and B2B. With a crowded field of competing gateways, merchants face a daunting task of choosing from this large vendor category that serves the U.S. market with an ever-expanding array of payment solutions.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
- Gateways Become An Essential Payments Vendor Choice For Online Merchants
- Early Gateways Enabled Online Card Payments
3. Gateways Step Up by Expanding Beyond Core Transaction Services
- Gateways’ Growth Correlates With E-commerce Sales Expansion
4. E-commerce Sales Reveal Contrasting Results Due to COVID-19
- Consumer Online Buying Habits Will Continue To Grow E-Commerce
5. Mobile Shopping Becomes Main Force in E-Commerce
6. Gateway Services Provide an Assessment Framework for Merchants
- Gateways Responded To Merchant Online Pain Points
- Transaction Processing
- Revenue Optimization
- Merchant Business Solutions
List of Tables & Figures
Table 1: Many gateways compete in the US market
Figure 1: US E-commerce rising as percent of total sales, showing a CAGR of 187%
Figure 2: A Tale of Two E-commerce Spend Categories 2015-2022
Table 2: US E-Commerce Sales Forecast for 2020-2022
Figure 3: The mobile phone is a major shopping device for tech forward consumers
Figure 4: More consumers are shopping with their mobile phones in 2019 than 2018
Figure 5: Gateways have evolved beyond core payment transactions into a mix of added-value, revenue optimization and merchant business solutions
- ACI Worldwide
- Global Payments
- JPMorgan Chase
- US Bank
- Visa Worldpay
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hgahdv
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.