PruPay Touchless (Built with PayPal) is supporting small businesses by waiving all fees for easy text payments during the COVID-19 pandemic
PruPay, a Denver-based payments technology company, is working with PayPal to develop and launch a simpler way for merchants to request one-time payments from consumers via text messaging. While paying via text is already widely available from several providers, PruPay’s technology lab was able to add a few simple tools that help both merchants and consumers with their real-world problems. Currently, PruPay is waiving its normal fees to help small/medium businesses during the global pandemic.
“COVID-19 has instilled a legitimate fear of sharing or touching anything, both person to person and latently on devices such as keypads, so text payments make even more sense today than just weeks ago,” said Bill Sedgwick, PruPay CEO. “We added security for merchants and optional add-on services like delivery fees, tipping, and a “Pay it Forward” option that are not provided on native text-to-pay platforms,” Sedgwick continued.
Read More: Blockchain Valley Ventures Launches Virtual Deal Marketplace for Startup Funding
PruPay’s Touchless Payments (Built with PayPal) offers merchants:
- A control panel that allows employees to enter payment requests and see orders easily, but without access to merchant banking information.
- The ability to customize charges like convenience fees, delivery fees or other markups.
- A simple order management dashboard to see which orders have been paid for and which are pending.
- The ability to add delivery or pickup notes to the order.
PruPay’s Touchless (Built with PayPal) gives consumers:
- The ability to easily pay for purchases via text all major credit cards, PayPal, Venmo (U.S. only), and PayPal Credit1 (with six months special financing on purchases of $99 or more.)
- A secure way to pay and complete orders without having to provide credit card numbers or addresses over the phone.
- The ability to easily add an optional tip or a “Pay It Forward” amount to any order to help their favorite merchants during the crisis.
- An order payment confirmation to show to a delivery driver or curbside delivery person.
Read More: Analyticom Introduces a Scientific Model That Keeps Investments Stable During Market Volatility
PruPay is offering its touchless payment service, a patent-pending technology, to merchants for free during this challenging time. Normally, there will be a nominal fee of 10 cents per transaction, which merchants can either absorb or pass along, but for the first 90 days after a new merchant signs up through July 31, PruPay is waiving all charges to provide a respite during the global pandemic. PruPay will donate the net proceeds from Touchless Payments at least through the end of summer 2020. Standard PayPal processing fees still apply.
Read More: TerraPay Announces Readiness for the New World by Strengthening Management